ISLAMABAD: An application has been filed at the Secretariat police station for the registration of FIR against Minister of Interior Rehman Malik for allegedly being involved in the release of terrorists in Karachi, following Mirza’s allegations.
The application was filed by Advocate Tariq Asad in which it was stated that Malik had released at least 25 target killers.
It was further mentioned that the interior minister had released Kamran Madhori, who was involved in an attack on a coach carrying personnel of Sindh Reserve Police in Korangi, Karachi.
The applicant alleged that Malik had committed treason by offering American agencies access to the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) database and demanded that an inquiry be launched against him. He said that Mirza had accused Rehman Malik of supporting Altaf Hussain to protect his own interests, and also that if the country suffered any harm, Malik would be responsible because he was the greatest enemy of Pakistan.
Mirza accused Malik that by his orders, 25 target killers had been released on payroll, who killed a large number of people under their directives.
Malik provided shelter to MQM and its leader, Altaf Hussain. Malik offered the US all records of NADRA to easily track terror mongering, WikiLeaks revealed.
Details of the leaks revealed that Rehman Malik, as a token of thanks for the US aid to Pakistan, came up with the offer of transferring NADRA’s record of millions of Pakistanis to the US spy agencies.
He also suggested signing an agreement with the US to make the deal look legal and save the PPP government from any embarrassment. He is thus a US spy. Tariq Asad is a lawyer, who had petitioned the Supreme Court on August 21 for calling armed forces to protect innocent lives in Karachi.
He had pleaded to the court to ask Malik to disclose the ‘third force’ responsible for target killings in Karachi and resign if he could not tackle that force.
He made Prime Minister Gilani, Interior Minister Rehman Malik, interior secretary, Sindh chief secretary and Sindh home secretary as respondents in the petition, which was clubbed with the suo motu case taken by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry. According to sources, allegations against politicians and police officers of working for the American agencies is not an unusual thing.
In the past, law-enforcement agencies sent a report to the higher authorities in which it was mentioned that a minister, federal secretary and seven police officers of Islamabad Police were working for the interests of American agencies.
Talking to Daily Times, Duty officer of Secretariat police station, Wasim, said that an application had been received and later on Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Muhammad Yousaf Malik was informed about the application but he instructed to send the application to legal branch.
Wasim also confirmed that whenever police wanted to use delaying tactics, it send the application to legal branch.
Source: Daily Times